News and links about custom bikes, choppers, bobbers, Harley-Davidson, Buell and just about any other motorcycle or subject that catches the author’s attention. Enjoy and have fun! George



H-D’s Street Glide redefines highway style


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



American Motorcyclist Online: "H-D’s Street Glide redefines highway style

Photo by Bill Andrews “Boy, did I score.”

That’s what I keep thinking as the four of us on the Ride Guide crew (see page 28) point our bikes up the interstate on-ramp, with more than 500 freeway miles ahead of us.

See, I had thought this through. And when we divvied up the loaner bikes for our first travel day on the road from Pennsylvania to the North Carolina mountains, I made sure I claimed Harley-Davidson’s Street Glide first. Hah!

It is, I knew, perfect for this. The Streeter’s bat-wing fairing, top-shelf audio system, comfortable seat and overall ergos make this a machine for the long haul.

But that should come as no surprise. Harley-Davidson’s new FLHX/I Street Glide is a slammed, stripped Electra Glide (FLHT), designed to entice the less-is-more crowd while still retaining serious mile-munching capabilities.

The true beauty of this bike is how the Street Glide diverges from the core concept of the FLH touring line in both styling and handling."


Previous posts

Archives